The "Green" Alpenblick
In order to protect our environment and our natural resources and also to leave a good world for our future generations, we try to work in the Alpenblick as ecologically and economically as possible.
Everywhere in the house can be followed with us a "GREEN" track...
- We work with little individual packaging
- We use regional dairy products
- There are no breadbaskets, because too much is thrown away
- Coffee is available at our coffee machine, as much as everyone wants to drink for themselves
- Eggs are freshly made to order
In the restaurant
- Gradually all tables are free of table linen so energy can be saved in the laundry
- We use many regional products without wide supply chains
- Our dinner menu is cooked to order so that only a few remnants arise
- Our kitchen works with little kitchen waste
In our rooms
- We change your towels only on request or if necessary
- Small holes in our sheets are mended in the house
- On our floor you will find drinks in a maxi bar instead of mini bars in every room
- Our information boxes are intended for several guests
- Many of our rooms have a main power switch
- You will hardly find individual packaging in our bathrooms (for example large soap dispensers)
- For our hair dryer there is a main switch, which must be kept pressed
In the Alpenblick
- Our house has a Sicotronic system. In this, the energy of large appliances such as kitchen appliances, sauna, washing machines, etc. divided and sent accordingly to the respective devices. Therefore, our sauna in the evening at the service time can not be used - otherwise the food is cold ?
- Our sauna we heat during the day only on request. So it does not run in vain. We ask our guests to log out after the sauna, so that we can turn them off again.
- On our guesthouses roof are solar panels for heating and hot water. In the coming year, a solar system will be installed in the main building and the solar system at the guest house will be expanded
- Our heating system regulates itself independently at outside temperatures of 20 degrees down. It also has a night-time lowering function.
- Our hotel laundry from towel to bed linen is completely washed and ironed by ourselves. This can save logistics.
- In front of our guesthouse we sowed a wildflower bed. Here many insects find food and shelter.
- Most of our herbs for cooking and drinking are grown in raised beds.
- Piece by piece, we convert the entire house to LED bulbs.
You see, something is happening here!
We look forward to every Alpenblick guest who helps us to work sustainably. We are also happy to receive your suggestions.